If you’ve picked our service to settle the CMS migration issues and move your Existing website’s content to the New one (thanks for your choice, by the way :)), there is one big thing in the switch process, you should note. The core of data transfer from one platform to another lies in what is called ‘Connection Bridge’. In order to proceed migration successfully, you should know how to properly deal with its installation. It’s where we’re going to equip you with the CMS conversion details.
But first, what is the ‘Connection Bridge’, exactly?
CMS2CMS Connection Bridge is a special gateway that enables data interaction between the website you want to migrate from and the website to which you’re migrating. The Connection Bridge is crucial for the service to get all the necessary data for successful site migration procedure.
Right, this is the core.
Apart from how to verify the connection between your New and Existing websites, we will also tell you about other small but important things to do for the smooth migration.
Tell me already how to switch websites with CMS2CMS
- Create a CMS2CMS account or Sign In via Social Media
- After you’ve logged in CMS2CMS account to perform the migration, choose the CMS platform your website is built on and enter your Existing website URL.
- You’ll see 3 BIG BUTTONS: ‘Download’, ‘Unpack’ and ‘Upload’. The very first button is the exact one you should click to
Please note. We don’t migrate local websites.
- You will see how a zip file is saved to your computer. When finished, extract the zip file, and you’ll see a ‘cms2cms’ folder.
What next should I do with the extracted ‘CMS2CMS’ folder?
- Once the folder is extracted, connect to your Existing website via any type of FTP client software, e.g. WinSCP, FileFTP, FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc. by pointing your host, username, and password (ask your hosting provider, if you don’t know these).
Note. Need FTP client? Here, download FileZilla.
- Within the FTP client, copy the extracted ‘cms2cms’ folder and insert it into the root folder (top folder with the index.php file) of your Existing website.
- After this short procedure go back to the Migration Wizard and click ‘Verify Connection’.
- Apply the same specter of actions to connect to your New website and verify the data transfer process.
Can I choose what I want to migrate to my New website?
- Sure you can. After you’ve verified the connection between two of your websites, proceed with content items mapping. On Step 2 select what and how you want your Existing website’s data to be moved to the New website.
- Select Additional options like Migrate Meta Data or Migrate Images To Content Body (this is optional) and launch Free Demo.
What should I do after Demo migration is completed?
- If you’re satisfied with the Demo migration outcome, by checking the details and how much complete content migration will cost you, click ‘Complete Migration’
Keen on ‘How-to’ videos? Here You Are:
See? There’s nothing you can do CMS2CMS would be glad to know what were the migration results and if the switch went smoothly.
Latest posts by Zoryana Senkovska (see all)
- Warmest Easter Wishes From CMS2CMS Team! - April 14, 2017
- CMS2CMS Updated. Meet totally new CMS migration process - April 10, 2017
- A-Few-Minutes’ Task: Moving Content To A New Website With CMS2CMS [+Guide] - April 5, 2017