While running and managing your web-project, sooner or later you will face the need of changes, as far as there’s nothing permanent in this world. And the first and foremost change in the process of website development is a CMS migration. Thanks to the skillful developers and modern technologies, long away are those manual and tiring processes of copy-pasting. Today one can migrate a website in 15 minutes and get a refreshed website with all the content preserved.
In this article, I will show you the fastest and easiest solution for migrating MediaWiki to WordPress using the automated service. But first, let’s find out why do people switch from such a robust platform as MediaWiki to WordPress.
Although MediaWiki can boast about its security and ability to handle thousands of visitors at one time, there are some drawbacks which make people leave.
- MediaWiki requires deep programming skills and experience in order to take full advantages of it.
- The functionality is somewhat limited because the platform is mainly packed with the encyclopedic-like type of data.
- The content you are going to add is strictly controlled so be ready to some restrictions from editors.
Nobody doubts WordPress multifunctionality and user-friendliness. This platform gives you more creativity than any other CMS and helps to handle everything from a personal blog to extended web projects.
So, what are features WordPress enjoys its fame for:
- Virtually the easiest to learn and use platform – it doesn’t expect strong technical abilities to get used to its work.
- WordPress takes much care about SEO capabilities.
- The number of plugins and templates are unlimited.
- WordPress community is very active and offers a welcoming place to resort to in case you got stuck.
Bonus for those who want to switch to WordPress but can’t deprive a website of Wiki features:
Helpie wiki plugin is an advanced WordPress plugin to change your WordPress website into a wiki. It has powerful wiki features for content collaboration and access control. It can be used as a WordPress alternative to MediaWiki software. With Helpie wiki, you can combine the collaboration and wiki-style content creation abilities of MediaWiki with the flexibility and user-friendly nature of WordPress.
Helpie Wiki Features:
- Dynamic Capabilities – control who can view, can edit, publish or approve content at different levels such as Global, Topic, and Article Levels.
- Revision system – compare different versions of the edits side by side and choose the best version to be published.
- Front-end Editor – create, edit, and manage wiki articles from the front-end of your website. It is a Text and Media-rich editor with which you can add images, GIFs, and videos very easily.
If you are running your website on MediaWiki, but have an inner feeling of changes, do not hesitate and migrate your website to WordPress, one of the most powerful CMSs ever. Below is the infographic which shows the shortest and safest way while migrating MediaWiki to WordPress. Follow it carefully, and your switch to WP will pass in a smooth way like a clock’s work.
Hey, it was fantastically simple, isn’t it? So what are you waiting for?! Set up Free Demo right now and be one step closer to the website of your dream!