A little time back, building a website with advanced functionality and the ability to easily manage content required a team of first-class technicians and a whole lot of spare cash. However, with the advent of content management systems (CMS) the process of website building has become more accessible to the average Joe. If you are in the middle of the road between the two most popular software at the market Joomla and WordPress – take your time to read the post.
When it comes to Joomla vs WordPress – the later is often heralded as No.1. Holding the great bulk of web market (approximately 20%), the software is currently listed as the most choicest website builder out there. Joomla, to the contrary, is considered as more powerful CMS software package that provides its users with more advanced functionality, multiple sites creation possibilities, and other tempting features. Therefore, deciding between WordPress and Joomla is quite a task at times.
To Joomla Or Not to Joomla
Joomla is one of the most popular CMS solutions in the world and boasts over 30mln downloads to date. Such noteworthy sites as Cloud.com, Linux.com, etc. are powered by this software. Mastering Joomla is not difficult, and once you understand how it works – you get dizzy by the myriad of possibilities. Let’s take a look at Joomla’s top benefits:
- User-Friendly: Despite the fact that there is still a slight learning curve involved in figuring everything out – even the greenest of users find its UI polished, flexible and powerful.
- Strong Developer Community: Joomla has a strong developer community that make their best to fill its repository with tons of free to use, open source plugins.
- Extension Variability: No matter you’re planning to build a basic site or jump into the digital marketplace, you’ll definitely find the right extension for it among the thousands that are available for customizing your site.
To WordPress Or Not to WordPress
- User-Friendly: WordPress’ UI is extremely easy to use and highly intuitive, even for the greenest of users. You can drop a theme, add a few plugins, and start blogging within minutes.
- Huge Plugin Library: There are a few things WordPress can’t do with its extensive library of plugins.
- Strong SEO Capabilities: With a gazillion of plugins your imagination will find no limits.
- Easy Customization: Anyone with a little of HTML and CSS can customize WordPress themes to meet any exact specifications.
- Flexibility: WordPress can easily be used to do virtually anything – run an e-commerce store, host a video site, serve as a portfolio or work as a company blog.
And the Winner Is…
It’s a difficult question to answer. Apples and oranges are both fruit, but it’s nearly impossible to quantify one feature or another that makes either better. The same does ring true for Joomla and WordPress as well. When looking at one vs another – there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Once you’ve examined the facts and weighed the possibilities, take your time to match up your goals with the aforementioned systems and then get ready for a winner to emerge.
WordPress sounds like a perfect solution for your current web project? Have a go with CMS2CMS service and import all your Joomla website data to WordPress with no migration fuss and risks of data loss. Watch the video tutorial given below and see how simple it is to switch across these two software without shelling out for a developer:
What else are you thinking about? Catch this long-awaited opportunity and migrate to WordPress with no more hesitations.
Latest posts by Valentyna Tysiachna (see all)
- Say ‘Hello’ to Fresh Platform in Support: October CMS Migration Available - May 18, 2021
- Fresh Tool for CRM Users – FindMyCRM Announcement! - May 14, 2021
- CMS Digest: How to Rank a Website in 2021 - April 27, 2021