What is data protection policy and how does it affect you?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of laws the main goal of which is to ameliorate the protection of EU citizens’ personal data and increase the obligations of the organizations to manage that information in a transparent and secure way.
Since CMS2CMS serves the clients from all over the world, including EU residents, we have implemented and enforced the data protection policy. Here are the fundamental rights you have as an EU citizen in line with the GDPR in terms of CMS2CMS service:
- You have the right to be aware of what kind of your data is collected by CMS2CMS;
- You have the right to know why this information is gathered from you;
- You have the right to agree or disagree to the data collection during the very first interaction with CMS2CMS website/service;
- You have the right to review/change/delete your personal data we received from you;
- You have the right to be aware of how CMS2CMS protects your personal data;
- You have the right to disagree with the collection of the particular personal information;
- You have the right to know how you can review/change/delete/disagree with the collection of your data.
What kind of personal data does CMS2CMS collect?
CMS2CMS gathers some of your personal data to simplify the customer journey using our service. Acting in accordance with GDPR regulations, CMS2CMS makes sure that our customers are informed about all aspects of data collecting.
When creating CMS2CMS account, you are asked to provide the following information:
- email address;
- phone number.
- web request (e.g. date, time, etc);
- IP address;
- browser type;
- browser language;
- one or more cookies identifying your browser.
What are cookies?
Cookies are messages that web servers pass to your web browser when you visit Internet sites.
Cookies are commonly used to store personal registration data like your name, your address, the contents of a shopping cart, your preferred layout for a web page, what map you might be looking at, and so on. Cookies make it easy for web servers to personalize information to fit your specific needs and preferences when you’re visiting a website.
Cookies are widely used by separate websites and online service providers to make them work efficiently and get reporting information. To the word, Cookies do not identify the person and are not software programs. So, they cannot install themselves or any other application on your computer/gadget.
We may also use other tracking technologies such as Inspectlet, HubSpot CRM, etc. These are tiny graphics which contain a unique identifier that enables us to learn about the user’s behaviour on the CMS2CMS website. Or, in the case of web beacons, opened an email that we have sent you.
How does CMS2CMS make sure that your data is 100% protected?
As far as we are working with both your personal info and CMS data, we’ve developed a set of measures to ensure your data protection:
- network firewalls;
- DDoS preventions (We use the latest hardware appliances and advanced security technologies to provide you with first-rate protection against large-scale DDoS attacks.);
- network posture assessment
CMS2CMS service supplies you with HTTPS-encrypted communication, role-based authorization, and validation of all requests to provide the security on the applicational level.
Why does CMS2MCS collect your personal data?
Because of the specifics of our services, we have to obtain your personal data for:
- Improving your customer journey on CMS2CMS website.
For this, we gather the following information: web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, one or more cookies identifying your browser.
- Successful proceeding with the CMS data migration.
To get your CMS migration finished successfully, you have to specify the details of your CMS platforms such as source and target CMS types, both existing and new websites URL addresses, your logins and passwords.
- Sending you the important info on your migration such as estimates, results of the Demo migration, and other.
- Contacting you to clarify your requirements via the email address or phone number.
What is CMS2CMS data retention/deletion policy and associated timescale?
Every CMS2CMS user can demand our service to delete his Private data by sending a request via our contact form.
Please, note: the deleted data can not be restored. So, if the contact is removed, all the Personal data including name, email, password, phone number and information from Cookies will be deleted as well as your CMS2CMS account.
Is my data protected from accidental destruction?
CMS2CMS team take security measures and have developed a comprehensive set of practices, technologies and policies to ensure you that all your data is safe and sound. We know that security is vital in working with customers’ information, that’s why CMS2CMS service is built on effective and security-focused practices.
We keep holding the following security points:
- Physical Security Layer
- Network Security Layer
- Application Security Layer
- Security Audits
Can I get access to my personal data that CMS2CMS collects whenever I need it?
Yes! CMS2CMS client’s support is available 24/7, so you can easily contact us and get access to your personal data which we collect. Just send us a request via our contact form.
Will CMS2CMS process data according to my instructions, and is there any written contract?
CMS2CMS service processes your personal data according to your instructions as Data Controller in accordance with our Terms of Service
Questions & Concerns
Still have some comments or questions unanswered? Want to update, delete or change any piece of your personal information CMS2CMS service have about you? Concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matters? Feel free to contact us.
Note: Please bear in mind that this article should not be regarded as legal advice in complying with the GDPR. The sole purpose of this information is to facilitate a better understanding of the approved EU data privacy law.