Knowledge Base Help & Documentation:
My Joomla SEO URLs don’t work correctly after migration
This might be connected with SEO friendly URLs settings for Joomla.
The following steps might help to fix the issue:
- Connect to your Joomla website data via FTP.
- In Joomla base installation, find “htaccess.txt” file.
- Rename the file “htaccess.txt” to “.htaccess” (make sure you don’t forget to use the dot – it’s .htaccess)
- Login to your Joomla back end – go to Global Configuration
- Change ‘Enable SEF URLs’ and ‘Use Apache mod_rewrite’ to Yes.
- Save the configuration.