How can I keep the same domain name once the migration is completed?There are 3 scenarios of post-migration domain names switching:
1. You’ve got the same hosting provider on both of your websites, identical domain names, but different target website subdirectory:Reach your FTP Give some other name to you source site folder (source.com -> abcd.com) Create a new folder with the same name as the source folder used to be named (source.com) Move data from the target website folder (abcd.com/target-website) to the previously created one (source.com).
2. You’ve got the same hosting provider but different domain names.
- Log in to your FTP
- Rename your source site and entitle the target site folder with it.
3. You’ve got different source and target websites providers and different domain names.
- Change the target domain name to the source one.
- Enter your source site domain settings.
- Go to DNS management and provide the newly created name servers from target’s hosting provider.
Note:Your target website will be offline while migrating and for the next 24-72 hours. Once finished, take your time to change the Name Servers of a domain name:
- Sign in to the admin account of your hosting provider.
- Go to Domains menu (the menu names may vary due to the domain hosting company you’re currently in).
Need more help?
If you've got a specific issue with your migration or a question that isn't answered in this section, we are here for you. Feel free to contact us with your requests and we'll do our best to answer within 24 hours or less.