Why the Drupal SEO links haven’t been preserved during the migration with CMS2CMS?
After completing a migration the links on WordPress site are generated in the diffterent way:
- in Drupal they are generated in the following way [site/content_type_name/year//month/node_name]
- in WordPress they are generated in the following way [site/post_name]
There are two ways to resolve the issue:
- To initiate your migration once again and make use of 301 redirect option – in this way all your Existing website links will redirect to the New ones.
- Choose Migrate categories and pages/articles/posts/SEO aliases ($1) and to customize the permalinks of the same structure on your new website:
- WordPress Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks.
- Choose Custom Structure with /%category%/%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%/.
Note: The following permalinks customization will work only for provided example of Drupal links setup .
More info about permalinks customizing you can find here.