Why the Drupal SEO links haven’t been preserved during the migration with CMS2CMS?
After completing a migration the links on WordPress site are generated in the diffterent way:
- in Drupal they are generated in the following way [site/content_type_name/year//month/node_name]
- in WordPress they are generated in the following way [site/post_name]
There are two ways to resolve the issue:
- To initiate your migration once again and make use of 301 redirect option – in this way all your Existing website links will redirect to the New ones.
- Choose Migrate categories and pages/articles/posts/SEO aliases ($1) and to customize the permalinks of the same structure on your new website:
- WordPress Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks.
- Choose Custom Structure with /%category%/%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%/.
Note: The following permalinks customization will work only for provided example of Drupal links setup .
More info about permalinks customizing you can find here.
Need more help?
If you've got a specific issue with your migration or a question that isn't answered in this section, we are here for you. Feel free to contact us with your requests and we'll do our best to answer within 24 hours or less.