The world of internet communication is rapidly developing and every day there appear many new and popular ways to start discussion. However, forum boards still don’t lose their eminence and loyal followers, and due to this fact many users face the dilemma: which CMS platform to choose – vBulletin or WordPress? Even though both of these software products are among the leading in the industry, a quick Google search reveals the fact that there is a tendency to leave vBulletin in favor of WordPress. So, let’s try to find the reasons behind WordPress’s prevalence over vBulletin.
vBulletin has a pool of great features allowing to create a forum that is able to meet all of your needs. Being a longtimer in the market, this platform has a lot to offer in terms of templates and styles assortment. It is also famous for it’s high level of security with an array of tools available to ensure it, and a gazillion of extensions to enhance forum’s functionality.
Keeping that in mind, it’s also important to point out that vBulletin is considered to be a platform solely for forum pages and community-run web sites. If you want to go beyond that and have a forum, blog, a digital store and much more encompassed in one platform – your choice should definitely be WordPress. This multifunctionality is exactly what sets WordPress apart from all other CMS solutions of the same class and lets it shoot ahead of vBulletin.
Some of the other reasons to choose WordPress over vBulletin are:
- Unlike vBulletin, WordPress is absolutely free of charge, that solves the money issue;
- Extremely vibrant forum-based support helps WordPress users fix many of the relevant issues with the platform maintenance;
- SEO-friendly – WordPress is considered to be one of the most SEO-friendly CMS platforms; it is favored by Google and other search engines.
Overall, vBulletin is a great platform to run your forum on, but if you want to take it to the next level and go beyond a simple discussion board – you should seriously consider migrating to WordPress. To learn the most efficient way of switching from vBulletin to WordPress scroll down and take a look at the Prezi below.
Step up your game! Go ahead and migrate your website from vBulletin to WordPress with CMS2CMS migrator.
Latest posts by Valentyna Tysiachna (see all)
- HO HO Holidays! Get a Gift from CMS2CMS Santa - December 20, 2019
- All in One WordPress Migration: Content Transfer + Design Customization - November 26, 2019
- Running a Website Gets Easier with Improved ExpressionEngine Migration - November 6, 2019