Sooner or later any website owner realizes that the website lacks some functionality and wants to make it more advanced. They resort to radical methods and try to change the website completely spending long hours in front of the monitor. But the solution is much easier. The same as one needs to change the surrounding to avoid routine, any website has to change its “home” in order to become better. In this article, we will try to find out how website migration can improve its usability using Squarespace and WordPress as examples.
First of all, let’s take deeper inside in what these platforms offer and lack as well.
Life with Squarespace
Squarespace is a one-step website building tool. It’s all available online and lets you create your own functional website from scratch. It also gives you the complete package needed to launch a fully operational website with. Squarespace is used by some of the world’s biggest brands, such as Tony Hawk, Pixar, Lyft, and others. In total, it is said that Squarespace CMS has over 1 million customers. So, what one gets while using this CMS:
- No technical setup or software installation needed;
- Over 60 beautiful templates;
- In-built security features with every Squarespace website.;
- Rich knowledge base and dedicated support via email, community forum, and chat;
- There’s no free plan at Squarespace. The prices start at $16 a month and go all the way to $61.
WordPress is definitely the world’s most popular CMS. It has been around for several years as a blog platform. However, more and more, website owners are rediscovering WordPress as much more than a blog platform, and now it is a full-featured, customizable website creation tool used by millions of individuals, businesses and organizations around the world. Here’s what WordPress offers its users within the platform:
- Open source structure, so almost all developers and webmasters can work on the platform as well as outsourcing work is easy and cost-efficient;
- Thousands of free & premium themes to maximize the functionality of the CMS and improve your website;
- SEO-friendly interface, pages, and posts;
- Multilingual WordPress is available in more than 70 languages;
- Tons of resources, tutorials, videos, and documentation. One can also get support via forums, emails, and chat.
Moving to WordPress
In case your choice falls on WordPress and you want to join this CMS “family”, you can migrate all your Squarespace content to WP without any delays. With the help of CMS2CMS, automated CMS and forum migration service, every single Squarespace content item will be transferred to the new platform in a safe and sound way.
If you like the idea of automated Squarespace to WordPress migration, watch the following tutorial and learn how simple the process is.
Could you ever imagine that website migration might be such an uncomplicated process? Then, do not hesitate anymore and let Free Demo Migration be the first step to the new successful era of your existing website!
Latest posts by Valentyna Tysiachna (see all)
- No More Default Templates! Test Design after the Website Migration - October 3, 2019
- [CMS2CMS Broadens the Horizons] Moving Tumblr Is Fully Automated Now! - September 17, 2019
- Long-lasting Battle: Joomla vs WordPress [+ Infographic] - August 16, 2019