For anyone planning to build a website using content management system (CMS), SilverStripe vs Concrete5 vs Joomla vs WordPress seem to be the most popular platforms to choose from. Therefore, we have tried to help users choose the right CMS platform by making a brief overview of these very capable, advanced and versatile pieces of software.
SilverStripe is an emerging and constantly developing enterprise-level platform which was released as a free and open source software in 2007. SilverStripe CMS is well-suited for developers, designers and those who have coding skills. SS provides its users with a wide range of tutorial materials to ease the overall work process with this platform. Besides that, it comes with a considerable number of modules for things like blogs and forums.
- SilverStripe site tree displays the hierarchy structure in a clear and logical way. This aspect enables users to move pages and upload files using drag and drop.
- This platform has also a reputation for being especially good on the SEO side of things.
- SilverStripe comes with an enterprise-level security and support.
Concrete5 is an open source content management system. This platform is a good choice for any small to medium-sized business that’s looking to create a website with a little or no coding experience. Those who have purchased a template are provided with a possibility to use a WYSIWYG editor. Despite its easy-to-use aspect, developers still have a robust and adjustable framework for building web applications.
- Concrete5 is well-known for its easy designing feature. It is relatively simple to build a basic website;
- Concrete5 is free to download and use framework. You can but not obliged to buy hosting on their site.
- The templates are mobile responsive and there is a wide range of add-ons which can significantly extend the functionality of your website.
Joomla is another type of open source content management system designed for developers with coding skills rather than for newbies. Thus, it is an excellent choice for those who are looking to take control over the development and design of their sites. This CMS provides its users with an opportunity to build not only a regular website or blog, but also a forum, an e-shop, etc.
- Joomla comes with a significant amount of extensions and add-ons with the help of which it is easier to extend the website’s functionality. Such components as comment forms, chats, shopping carts, etc., can be integrated with your site.
- It is relatively simple to navigate the dashboard while creating and uploading the content.
- Joomla comes with a to some extent big and active user community. There is a great deal of documentations where one can effortlessly find an answer to his or her questions.
WordPress is the #1 most popular CMS platform today which powers over 30.6% of all websites which is 60.1% CMS market share. Initially this CMS was introduced as a blogging platform in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg. Since then WordPress has grown into a complete CMS which can be used as a platform for all types of the website: from blogs to business and eCommerce sites. Besides that WordPress has evolved as a enormous global community with millions of enthusiastic members including developers, designers, users, and volunteers.
- WordPress is really easy to install. Many hosting providers provide their users with a possibility of instant and automated WordPress installation in their hosting environment. It means that you can get and run a brand new site in a matter of minutes.
- Compared to other CMSs, WordPress comes with a significantly more plugins and themes which make this platform highly customizable.
- Since WordPress is extremely popular CMS and as the result it has a huge support community, you will find help effortlessly.
Choosing a CMS all depends to what you are looking to achieve from your website. WordPress, for instance, provides more flexibility compared to other CMSs. The ability to customize it, create plugins, modify themes, and modify core files to your liking is something that plays an important role in choosing CMS solution and WordPress can easily provide these options.
If you have started your website on a platform other than WordPress, there is no need to worry about it. You have a possibility to migrate your site from SilverStripe, Concrete5, Joomla to WordPress in a smooth and flawless way with CMS2CMS, an automated website and forum migration service. Try a Free Demo and make your choice right away.
Latest posts by Oksana Chyketa (see all)
- SilverStripe vs Concrete5 vs Joomla vs WordPress: Brief Overview - May 4, 2018
- Why You Should Decisively Reject Using Wix - April 6, 2018
- 4 Tips of Joomla to WordPress Migration - March 27, 2018