A little time back in order to get a full-fledged website users had to get their hands dirty over HTML and PHP scripts. Too often, such websites were difficult to update and frustrating to manage. Today many companies are turning to content management systems (CMS) to gain some control over maintaining their site, but not all CMSs are alike. PHP-Fusion and WordPress are both treated as reliable and trusted CMS options, but which one to choose?
When it comes to PHP-Fusion vs WordPress – a quick Google search reveals the fact PHP-Fusion is currently becoming less and less popular and users tend to switch to more universal WordPress. Let’s try to focus on those PHP-Fusion’s disadvantages that hold the platform back and those exceptional WordPress features that make it a force to be reckoned with.
Those searching to set up their web project for the first time often find PHP-Fusion a strong candidate to fit their needs. The software is packed with most of the basic features (like themes, forums, picture gallery support, spam protection and an in-site search), and it has support sites in 20 countries. However, like with any system, PHP-Fusion has its limits though. To be specific, it offers less scope to be flexible, and requires strong programming skills to master and operate it properly. Besides, extending a PHP-Fusion website is not a one-click affair at all – there’s a long training required for that purpose.
WordPress, contrastingly, has been specifically tailor made for each client. It has been far outpacing PHP-Fusion due to the following strong characteristics:
- It is an extremely simple CMS solution that does not compel to learn Rocket Science in order to get used to how it works.
- It is loaded with thousands of plugins and themes aiming to help users develop the perfect site.
- It has an ever-growing community that are always ready to help users in case there are any troubles.
- It has great SEO capabilities that allow WordPress powered websites take the highest positions in rankings.
Left with a strong desire to switch from PHP-Fusion to WordPress? Have a look at the infographic provided below and see how simple it is to switch across these two software without ringing the bell of a developer:
Latest posts by Valentyna Tysiachna (see all)
- All in One WordPress Migration: Content Transfer + Design Customization - November 26, 2019
- Running a Website Gets Easier with Improved ExpressionEngine Migration - November 6, 2019
- No More Default Templates! Test Design after the Website Migration - October 3, 2019