It often happens that we feel a particular need for creating an online community for having direct access to our clients or readers. Thankfully, there are lots of forum software allowing to create a discussion board in a fast and easy way. IP Board (Invision Power Board) is one of them. Having more than 8,000 of websites built on IP Board platform, this software solution has conquered the hearts of many forum owners.
Let’s find out what is so special about IP board community:
- IP Board text editor is fully-featured, so you are enabled link posting, linked images, and many more. IP Board supports several leading video and audio sites by default (Youtube, Vimeo, etc). Also, users can easily attach polls and share content from somewhere else in the community;
- To make your users come back for more, you can award them with reputation points for any activity. Reward them with additional perks, such as individual icons, more space or access to new forums;
- IP Board provides you with lots of tools to customise your community according to your needs. You are allowed to set up the unique themes, which serve your own style and brand your community with limitless freedom. This platform also supports a lot of the most spoken in the world languages;
- Built-in spam defence protects your forum by monitoring spammers constantly.
However, not all that glitters is not gold! And even such, at first sight, functional forum board as IP Board has its limits:
- IP Board is a commercial product, thus all the advantages (such as blog or chat integration) have their price;
- Customisation and additional plugins installation require technical experience which is a bit difficult for beginners;
- IP Board community releases their updates so often, so be ready to rapid core product changes;
- There’s a lack of documentation which is definitely a stop-signal for beginners.
Can you imagine what your discussion board would be if you migrate IP Board to another forum software? There are so many great platforms. Migrate your IP Board with CMS2CMS and save lots of money, time and efforts.
You see, with CMS2CMS all your IP Board content will be moved to another discussion board in a matter of minutes. Set up Free Demo right now and move closer to the community forum of your dream!
Latest posts by Valentyna Tysiachna (see all)
- Running a Website Gets Easier with Improved ExpressionEngine Migration - November 6, 2019
- No More Default Templates! Test Design after the Website Migration - October 3, 2019
- [CMS2CMS Broadens the Horizons] Moving Tumblr Is Fully Automated Now! - September 17, 2019