Unbelievable! The next fully supported platform is conquered by CMS2CMS Team – Contao joined the CMS cavalry.
What does that mean? From now on you can move your content from Contao to your new CMS within an automated migration process. Versions 2.6 – 4.x are supported.
You might know that Contao used to have another name – TYPOlight. It changed starting from 2.9 version. Why?
“Developer Leo Feyer justified the change on the grounds that TYPOlight had often been confused with TYPO3, a different CMS originally developed by Kasper Skårhøj, whilst the word “light” was sometimes misunderstood to imply that the CMS was suitable only for small projects.”
But let’s get back to the point. During the switching process itself you can choose the following entities to add to the migration list:
- Content (articles, news, FAQs)
- Taxonomy (pages – as article categories, news archives, FAQ categories)
- Comments (article comments, news comments, FAQ comments, comment’s replies)
- Users (users, members)
- SEO URLs
Additional options to choose from:
- Migrate images/attachments to the content body
Wow, it looks like this tool will definitely come in handy! Make the first step toward Contao migration – try Free Demo migration before moving your website for good.
Latest posts by Yuliya Tsvihun (see all)
- Interview with Harsh Agrawal - August 1, 2019
- Weebly vs. WordPress: Which One Your Web Project Needs? [+Infographic] - July 23, 2019
- DataLife Engine to WordPress Converter: How it Works Tutorial - July 15, 2019