Today, building a website on the basis of CMS (content management system) becomes the most popular way to start a web project. Why so? Because CMS platforms allow users to create and manage high-quality websites without having a slight idea of coding. As a result, a great number of businesses, projects, informational fields, or simple personal blogs have appeared on the web.
The market of CMS platforms is so diverse, but still, WordPress and Joomla remain top choices among users. Together, they cover about 70% of the websites built with the help of CMS. 😱 That’s why when starting a new web project, a user most likely will choose one of these two.
At the same time, Joomla vs WordPress is the hottest battle ever. Follow the post and find out what features both platforms may offer and after all, who, Joomla or WordPress, is the winner.
Joomla is about Power
Having relatively uncomplicated installation and set-up processes, Joomla can be used to create blogs, discussion communities, complex corporal portals and so on. In fact, Joomla was designed to be used as a CMS for building complex multi-pages websites, that’s why it might be a little bit difficult to manage for newbies.
Interesting facts about Joomla CMS:
- Translating from one of the African languages, “Joomla” means “all together” or “as a whole”;
- At first, Joomla was a part of Mambo CMS, but in 2005 it separated;
- Joomla supports more than 70 languages;
- One can install Joomla in about 10 minutes;
- About 1k of developers have contributed to Joomla during its entire life.
WordPress is about User-Friendliness
WordPress is the world’s most popular tool for creating websites. The best thing about WordPress is that it’s an open-source and free for anyone. This means that millions of people all around the globe are able to create a high-quality, modern web project, even with no skills in web development.
Also, the platform comes with an intuitive and user-friendly interface. In short, if you ever worked with Microsoft Word or Excel, you will be able to publish content using WordPress just as easily.
Things to know about WordPress:
- WordPress is 10 times more popular than Joomla and 8.9 times more popular than Drupal;
- WordPress is written in PHP programming language and uses MySQL for the database;
- The total number of plugin downloads exceeds 300 million;
- All the major WordPress releases were named after jazz musicians;
- 25% of WordPress users make a full-time living off of the platform.
Impressed? More WP facts here! ⬅️
Below is a plain infographic which compares Joomla vs WordPress and helps to define what platform has more features to be proud of.
I do hope that this article was helpful in your Joomla vs WordPress decision. In case, you’ve already started a website but have a feeling that a platform you’ve chosen isn’t as powerful as another one, don’t hurry up to start everything from scratch.
CMS2CMS migration service is here to fully automatedly move your Joomla to WordPress (or vice versa) in a matter of minutes. Just a few minutes you are enjoying a refreshed, more powerful website with all the content you’ve been creating for ages. 😉
Don’t believe that it can be so simple? Free Demo migration will prove! Start it right now!
Latest posts by Valentyna Tysiachna (see all)
- Long-lasting Battle: Joomla vs WordPress [+ Infographic] - August 16, 2019
- CMS Digest: Blogging Is Not a Job, It’s a Diagnosis - June 27, 2019
- From Squarespace to WordPress: the Lazy Man’s Guide - June 18, 2019