If you are on the horizon of site creation, then you definitely know that there are so many tools for this purpose that you can be easily spoilt for choice. In order to simplify the decision making process, we present you two CMS options: Kentico and WordPress. Both of them are very popular in the world of e-business building and offer features that can satisfy your needs. So, let’s compare these two and decide which one suits to a tee.
What’s Kentico and Who Is It For?
Kentico is an integrated marketing solution that helps to build and manage different types of websites. It was designed as all-in-one content management system. Kentico provides its users with a huge amount of out-of-the-box features and it is affordable for businesses of all sizes. Microsoft, Ford, Sony, Samsung and many others are Kentico’s clients. This CMS comes with tons of profits which are the following:
- In comparison with WordPress, Kentico takes less time to build large, enterprise-level sites and due to this fact, it offers workflow features that simplify the content management.
- Kentico provides its users with an easier content editing experience. To put it another way, in order to create a new document or edit it, you will visit the same parts of the administrative area.
- It also should be mentioned that due to Kentico’s advanced caching functionality and minimal code loading, the pages load fast.
But nothing is perfect and the same is about Kentico CMS. In other words, it comes not only with the advantages but also with drawbacks:
- Price. There are 4 different download options that are currently available. The first is the Free Edition and it comes with some limitations: 1000 pages, 100 site members, 1 administrator, 1 editor. The two other options are Base License for 1999$ and the Ultimate License is 4999$. There are also more customized options including the Small Business License, Social Networking Package, and E-Commerce Package. So, as you can see, the free version comes with too many limitations and the other versions can be too expensive for some people.
- 3rd Party Components. Kentico offers a vast variety of additional components while some developers prefer 3rd party options. But if you are satisfied with Kentico components then this is not a drawback for you.
- Community. It is necessary to note that Kentico CMS has a relatively small community. This means that the forums can be less reliable. In case you are using the free license, your only support is the forums. To put it another way, if you have some questions about your site management, this could be a problem.
What’s WordPress and Who Is It For?
Now let’s speak about WordPress. This platform can be called the king of all CMS solutions due to its ease of use and multifunctionality at one time. So, here are some advantages of this content management system:
- WordPress has an extremely intuitive interface and this makes it easy for all newbies to create and run a website.
- WordPress has also strong SEO features. Due to the fact that WP is favored by Google, you can easily boost up the traffic to your site.
- This CMS offers its users a huge amount of different plugins and themes. So, you will be provided with the opportunity to add some extra functionality to your site, give it a new and fresh look so that to attract more and more visitors.
Despite all the advantages, there are some drawbacks which have to be taken into consideration while choosing a platform for your website. They are the following:
- Due to the fact that all of the software’s code is available online, it makes WordPress vulnerable to hackers attacks.
- In case you want to build more complex website, for instance, an e-commerce site or a large corporate website, you will have to make some systematic changes which can considerably raise your costs.
As you can see, both Kentico CMS and WordPress are great platforms. So, considering your goals, budget and other needs and skills, you may choose one of them. However, in case you have already made your choice but now you would like to change it, then there is an option for you. With CMS2CMS automated migration service you can easily transfer your content from Kentico CMS to WordPress and vice versa.
So, now you are provided with all the necessary information about Kentico CMS vs WordPress. All you have to do next is to choose one and enjoy the results.
Latest posts by Zoryana Senkovska (see all)
- Warmest Easter Wishes From CMS2CMS Team! - April 14, 2017
- CMS2CMS Updated. Meet totally new CMS migration process - April 10, 2017
- A-Few-Minutes’ Task: Moving Content To A New Website With CMS2CMS [+Guide] - April 5, 2017