Presently, because of the dynamic nature of web technologies – Joomla! is also evolving as well, producing new, more improved and sophisticated versions. We are now in the era of Joomla! 3.x and many users and web developers find themselves asking a question if they should be upgrading to the latest Joomla platform or not.
If you always find yourself wishing the latest and the greatest in the sphere of web technologies – then Joomla! 3.0 is probably a way to go for you. In case you still don’t know whether to upgrade your current Joomla! 2.5 to 3.0 and are searching the reasons to be convinced – your search ends here. Keep reading the post and find out the main differences between these two Joomla! versions for you to know for sure what exactly you will get once upgraded to the new version. So, let’s get started.
1. Simplified Installation (the new 3.x version installation process has been simplified to 3 steps and now can be performed within less than a minute)
2. Built on Bootstrap (the Joomla! is based on Twitter’s Bootstrap framework that simplifies the interface and usability for both users and admins)
3. Refined Interface (the entire admin interface of Joomla! 3.x has been overhauled – therefore it has become much easier and cleaner if compare with the previous versions)
4. jQuery (this is a long awaited and welcome feature that allows to drag and drop items in the admin interface for sorting articles and modules)
5. Advanced Options (like control over the layout and display of modules on the front end)
Wish to Know More?
Once you’ve decided that you’d like to upgrade, the next question is whether to start your website from scratch or migrate all your current content to version 3.0. Despite the fact that Joomla! upgrade is not a simple one-click affair at all – CMS2CMS service makes its best to ensure your migration process to be performed accurately, flawlessly and what is more, completely hands-off. The prezi that is provided below collates all your possible questions concerning migration in one place. So, take your time and find out all the tips and tricks os successful migration from Joomla 2.5 to 3.0.
What else are you waiting for? Catch this long-expected chance and put your Joomla! web project a step forward towards success with CMS2CMS.