The static HTML website was the first way for lots of people to get their feet wet on the internet. As a result, there are many HTML sites owners. Some of them are satisfied with their websites and some are not, and there is a lot of reasons for this. Later on, CMS platforms were created with the purpose to satisfy people’s needs. One of them is Drupal which is considered to be the guru of CMS platforms. Right now we are going to discuss the peculiarities of a static HTML website and Drupal content management system: why people prefer one and don’t like the other, and vice versa.
Static HTML Website: Pros and Cons
- The biggest advantage of a static HTML website is that you have much stricter control over your file structure, design and SEO.
- Due to the fact that there isn’t any extra bloat around your content, your static HTML website will load faster than CMS website.
- There is no need to move to a new version of the CMS when it is released.
- There isn’t a database, so you don’t have to anxious about database crashing.
- It is difficult to hack such HTML websites, so they are really reliable for security.
Although HTML websites have many advantages, there are also some drawbacks, for instance:
- It is necessary to have strong coding knowledge in web-programming languages called HTML and CSS in order to run static websites but even then there is always a risk of making a mistake and damaging a code.
- Different plugins or extensions are not available for HTML sites, so it will be your job to code every piece of functionality.
- Although HTML templates are available, your content needs to be coded in and around the designed template for each page on the website.
- Although running a website on Drupal requires coding skills, it is easier to maintain than a static HTML site. Furthermore, it is beloved by developers due to its incredible customization.
- This CMS platform offers you lots of modules with the help of which it is possible to get new features.
- If you want to make some changes to your Drupal site, it will take less time than to a static HTML website. This is because Drupal CMS platform is designed in such a way that users can manage content quickly and effortlessly.
- Due to the fact that Drupal is a well-known content management system, it is cheaper to add some functionality than to an HTML site.
Make a Decision
Does Drupal CMS platform sound like a better option for you? It is possible to convert your HTML content to Drupal fully automatedly with CMS2CMS migration service. This online tool will make your HTML to Drupal migration flawless and accurate. Follow this step-by-step instruction to make sure that the conversion is as easy as pie.
1. Registration Step
To get started, create an account or login with your Facebook or Google account.
2. Connect to your HTML website
Indicate your current website (in your case it’s HTML) and press ‘Verify Connection’. and Target/Drupal website URLs in the following fields.
3. Bridge Installation Step
Now it’s time to connect to your Drupal website. To allow data interaction between your current website and Drupal CMS platform, you need to install the Connection Bridge. Please read this detailed guide to Connection Bridge usage or watch the video beforehand.
4. Select Entities and Options and Start Free Demo Migration
Before starting the migration, CMS2CMS service offers you to preview the future look of your website and run a Free Demo migration. At this step, you can specify the entities and choose the additional options.
5. Full Migration Step
In case you are satisfied with the Demo Migration results, then you can set up Full Migration and enjoy the results within minutes.
Watch this video tutorial and find out how to perform HTML to Drupal conversion easily and fast.
CMS2CMS service migrates the following items from HTML to Drupal:
Set up a free Demo Migration to see how your new website looks like and make your own decision.
Latest posts by Valentyna Tysiachna (see all)
- Say ‘Hello’ to Fresh Platform in Support: October CMS Migration Available - May 18, 2021
- Fresh Tool for CRM Users – FindMyCRM Announcement! - May 14, 2021
- CMS Digest: How to Rank a Website in 2021 - April 27, 2021