What are your first thoughts after you heard “Content Management System migration”? Obviously a long and tiring process of “packing all the website stuff” comes to your mind. But have you heard about the Automatic CMS migration?
Plone to WordPress: It’s an update time!
Plone is famous for a good security system and immunity to casual hacker attacks. But this platform has a couple of drawbacks that make some users think over switching to another CMS. Slow performance, issues with caching and relatively small community are often the reasons to look at the other options.
At the moment WordPress presents the market leader opening broad opportunities for setting websites quickly and easily. As the most popular CMS, the number of its followers is counted by millions.
The Presentation of the Automated Migration Plugin
In case you have your web project powered by Plone, but consider changing it to WordPress, keep reading and get your answer!
CMS2CMS: Automated Plone To WordPress Migration Plugin is designed to migrate your site in a couple of simple steps with no coding and additional installation at all.
Please note: you need to have the WordPress website to be installed before starting the migration.
So, how this plugin helps?
- Free Demo Available – plugin provides an opportunity to see a website migration in action by importing a limited number of the content to a target platform;
- High Speed – usually a full-scale migration is a matter of 15 min to a couple of hours (depending on a website size);
- Ease-of-Use – this plugin is a totally user-oriented tool, that doesn’t require any special skills to master it;
- Complete Migration price depends on how many content items you wish to move to WordPress.
What Does the Automated Plone To WordPress Migration Plugin Migrate?
- SEO Tags;
- Content Images;
- SEO URLs;
- 301 redirects.
More details, including additional options and customization services you can find here.
Well, the best part has come – let’s see how to make a Plone to WordPress migration without breaking a sweat in this tutorial.
1. The first thing you have to do is to download the plugin zip file from the official WordPress website.
2. Go to the Admin Panel of your WordPress website, choose the Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin. Choose the downloaded file in zip format and click the “Install Now” button.
3. Go to Admin -> Plugins, activate the “CMS2CMS: Automated Plone To WordPress Migration Plugin”.
4. Register an account or sign in to the existing one.
5. Provide your Existing Plone URL address. Click ‘Verify Connection’. You’ll be redirected to the CMS2CMS website to proceed with your migration.
6. Before migrating Plone to WordPress, CMS2CMS service offers you to preview the future look of your website and run Free Demo migration. Choose the Entities and needed additional options you are going to migrate. In case you want to migrate all your data without Demo, you may skip this step.
- Before starting a complete migration to WordPress, you can check the Free Demo result. Press the button “Details” and you will see how your migrated posts look like on the new CMS platform. If you are satisfied with the result, you may complete the migration.
- Check the result! Now all of your Plone content is on your new WordPress website.
See how easy it is? Let the Automated Plone To WordPress Migration Plugin do all hard work for you and make the migration process safe and effortless. So, don’t waste your time any longer. Make a choice and enjoy the results!
Latest posts by Yuliya Tsvihun (see all)
- Interview with Harsh Agrawal - August 1, 2019
- Weebly vs. WordPress: Which One Your Web Project Needs? [+Infographic] - July 23, 2019
- DataLife Engine to WordPress Converter: How it Works Tutorial - July 15, 2019