So, you finally decided to import from Joomla to WordPress – not an easy decision, definitely. And now it’s time to search for the best way to do it.
Basically, whether you’re a professional programmer or a user with just enough HTML knowledge to format the text – you are probably looking for transferring way which would be the least money consuming and maximum fast.
The most common ways of converting from Joomla to WordPress are as follows:
- moving all the content manually to the new WordPress installation
- importing information from the MYSQL database
- using WordPress or Joomla import plugins
- hiring professional help to do the transfer
You might know what their pros and cons are, so we’re not going to elaborate further on this topic.
This tutorial offers you an alternative way of CMS migration to the latest WordPress (works for Joomla 1.5.x, 1.7.x, 2.5.x, 3.x). It consists in moving your data from Joomla to WordPress online in a fully automated manner.
To prepare for your migration, download and install WordPress and choose a hosting for your site to be available online.
When both your Joomla and WordPress websites are live, you may initiate the migration setup process.
Video Tutorial on How to Move Joomla to WordPress with CMS2CMS
Now it’s time to have a look at the key steps of automated Joomla to WordPress migration:
Joomla to WordPress Website Conversion: 5 Steps to Complete
1. Register your account at CMS2CMS website. The only data required is your name, email and password.
2. Provide the URLs of your source (Joomla) and target (WordPress) sites in the provided fields. But, if you don’t have WordPress installed, you may still try website data migration with CMS2CMS. Just check the corresponding field in the migration wizard and all your content from your current site will be transferred to WordPress and you’ll be able to check your website on the new CMS.
3. Install the connection between your sites by downloading a connection bridge file to your PC. This allows exchanging data between your websites which is absolutely indispensable for migration. For guidance, check out the tutorial video on the topic or see the FAQ section.
4. Verify the connection between your sites by simply pressing the corresponding button. If everything is ok and the bridge is working correctly, you’ll be directed to the final step.
5. Now, just one mouse click separates you from initiating the process of your website transfer to its new home. Press “Run Migration” button and get ready to see your site in the totally different light within a couple of minutes (depending on the amount of information to be moved).
- the procedure is quite simple to follow, and requires no advanced coding skills
- it can be performed from any spot on the globe where you have Internet access
- there’s no need to install additional software or plugins
- you’ll be able to move Joomla to WordPress within moments instead of the average 48-72 hours
Website Content Items You Can Migrate from Joomla to WordPress
Latest posts by Julia Nimchynska (see all)
- Of numbers and functionality: WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal [Infographic, 2017 Update] - February 14, 2017
- WordPress Installed: What’s Next? [Tutorial] - February 6, 2017
- From Blogger to WordPress: 6 Things You’d Be Surprised to Know - December 8, 2016